Privacy notice - Stakeholders
We retain the professional contact details of individuals we engage with through various stakeholder engagement activities (for example, contacts at Universities or with employers or industry experts as part of a sector review of vocational qualifications).
Our purposes of retaining stakeholder contact details are to support our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system.
Our lawful basis for retaining this information is to enable us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualifications system in Wales and in order to exercise our official functions under Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose other than in the exercise of our public task and will retain your details for as long as is required to fulfil this task and accordance with our retention schedule.
Your contact information is stored securely on our IT systems and will only be accessible to our employees.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other body unless it is necessary for the public task and there is a legal basis to do so.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will pay regard to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR before sharing any personal information requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
QW Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745